zoom - wander around magnified desktop
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual
] [-delay usecs
] [-duration secs
] [-pixheight pixels
] [-pixspacey pixels
] [-lensoffsetx pixels
program takes an image, magnifies it, and scrolls around it,
The image that it manipulates will be grabbed from the portion of the screen
underlying the window, or from the system's video input, or from a random file
on disk, as indicated by the grabDesktopImages
options in the ~/.xscreensaver
(1) for more details.
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class,
or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -delay microseconds
- Slow it down.
- -duration seconds
- How long to run before loading a new image. Default 120 seconds.
- Instead of doing magnification we just copy an offset region from the
original image. If lensoffsetx < pixwidth (and similarly for Y) then
consecutive regions will overlap, giving the effect of looking through an
array of lenses.
- -pixwidth pixels
- Width of the magnified pixels.
- -pixheight pixels
- Height of the magnified pixels.
- -pixspacex pixels
- Amount of black space between magnified pixels (X direction).
- -pixspacey pixels
- Amount of black space between magnified pixels (Y direction).
- -lensoffsetx pixels
- Distance in X direction between consecutive copied regions (only effective
when -lenses used).
- -lensoffsety pixels
- Distance in Y direction between consecutive copied regions (only effective
when -lenses used).
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources
stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 2000 by James Macnicol. Permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is
hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in
all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice
appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the
suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
without express or implied warranty.
James Macnicol <email@example.com>, 20-Nov-2000. Much code was
shamelessly stolen from the spotlight
hack and a few others.