||FreeBSD Miscellaneous Information Manual
ESIL - Evaluable Strings Intermediate Language
ESIL aims to describe a Forth-like representation for every target CPU opcode
semantics. ESIL representations can be evaluated (interpreted) in order to
emulate individual instructions.
Each command of an ESIL expression is separated by a comma
These operations should be enough to emulate most instructions of any
- sets the value of the destination to the value of the source
- adds the values of source0 and source1 and pushes the result on the esil
- subtracts the value of source0 from the value of source1 and pushes the
result on the esil stack
- multiplies the values of source0 and source1 and pushes the result on the
- divides the value of source1 by the value of source0
Visit the GSP FreeBSD Man Page Interface.
Output converted with ManDoc.