lightning-openchannel_bump - Command to initiate a channel RBF
openchannel_bump channel_id amount initalpsbt
openchannel_bump is a RPC command which initiates a channel RBF
(Replace-By-Fee) for the specified channel. It uses the openchannel protocol
which allows for interactive transaction construction.
id is the id of the channel to RBF.
amount is the satoshi value that we will contribute to the
channel. This value will be added to the provided PSBT in the output
which is encumbered by the 2-of-2 script for this channel.
initialpsbt is the funded, incomplete PSBT that specifies
the UTXOs and change output for our channel contribution. It can be updated,
see openchannel_update; initialpsbt must have at least one
input. Must have the Non-Witness UTXO (PSBT_IN_NON_WITNESS_UTXO) set for
every input. An error (code 309) will be returned if this requirement is not
funding_feerate is an optional field. Sets the feerate for
the funding transaction. Defaults to 1/64th greater than the last feerate
used for this channel.
Warning: bumping a leased channel will lose the lease.
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- channel_id (hex): the channel id of the channel (always 64
- psbt (string): the (incomplete) PSBT of the RBF transaction
- commitments_secured (boolean): whether the psbt is complete
- funding_serial (u64): the serial_id of the funding output in the
If the peer does not support option_dual_fund, this command
will return an error.
If the channel is not in a state that is eligible for RBF, this
command will return an error.
On error the returned object will contain code and
message properties, with code being one of the following:
@niftynei <email@example.com> is mainly responsible.
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning
- -32602: If the given parameters are wrong.
- -1: Catchall nonspecific error.
- 300: The amount exceeded the maximum configured funding amount.
- 301: The provided PSBT cannot afford the funding amount.
- 305: Peer is not connected.
- 309: PSBT missing required fields
- 311: Unknown channel id.
- 312: Channel in an invalid state