lightning-sendinvoice - Command for send an invoice for an offer
(WARNING: experimental-offers only)
sendinvoice offer label [msatoshi]
The sendinvoice RPC command creates and sends an invoice to the issuer of
an offer for it to pay: the offer must contain send_invoice; see
If fetchinvoice-noconnect is not specified in the
configuation, it will connect to the destination in the (currently common!)
case where it cannot find a route which supports
offer is the bolt12 offer string beginning with
label is the unique label to use for this invoice.
msatoshi is optional: it is required if the offer
does not specify an amount at all, or specifies it in a different currency.
Otherwise you may set it (e.g. to provide a tip), and if not it defaults to
the amount contained in the offer (multiplied by quantity if
timeout is how many seconds to wait for the offering node
to pay the invoice or return an error, default 90 seconds. This will also be
the timeout on the invoice that is sent.
quantity is optional: it is required if the offer
specifies quantity_min or quantity_max, otherwise it is not
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- label (string): unique label supplied at invoice creation
- description (string): description used in the invoice
- payment_hash (hex): the hash of the payment_preimage which
will prove payment (always 64 characters)
- status (string): Whether it's paid, unpaid or unpayable (one of
"unpaid", "paid", "expired")
- expires_at (u64): UNIX timestamp of when it will become / became
- amount_msat (msat, optional): the amount required to pay this
- bolt12 (string, optional): the BOLT12 string
If status is "paid":
- pay_index (u64): Unique incrementing index for this payment
- amount_received_msat (msat): the amount actually received (could be
slightly greater than amount_msat, since clients may overpay)
- paid_at (u64): UNIX timestamp of when it was paid
- payment_preimage (hex): proof of payment (always 64 characters)
The following error codes may occur:
Rusty Russell <email@example.com> is mainly responsible.
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning
- -1: Catchall nonspecific error.
- 1002: Offer has expired.
- 1003: Cannot find a route to the node making the offer.
- 1004: The node making the offer returned an error message.
- 1005: We timed out waiting for the invoice to be paid