lightning-waitanyinvoice - Command for waiting for payments
waitanyinvoice [lastpay_index] [timeout]
The waitanyinvoice RPC command waits until an invoice is paid, then
returns a single entry as per listinvoice. It will not return for any
invoices paid prior to or including the lastpay_index.
This is usually called iteratively: once with no arguments, then
repeatedly with the returned pay_index entry. This ensures that no
paid invoice is missed.
The pay_index is a monotonically-increasing number assigned
to an invoice when it gets paid. The first valid pay_index is 1;
specifying lastpay_index of 0 equivalent to not specifying a
lastpay_index. Negative lastpay_index is invalid.
If timeout is specified, wait at most that number of
seconds, which must be an integer. If the specified timeout is
reached, this command will return with an error. You can specify this to 0
so that waitanyinvoice will return immediately with an error if no
pending invoice is available yet. If unspecified, this command will wait
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- label (string): unique label supplied at invoice creation
- description (string): description used in the invoice
- payment_hash (hex): the hash of the payment_preimage which
will prove payment (always 64 characters)
- status (string): Whether it's paid or expired (one of
- expires_at (u64): UNIX timestamp of when it will become / became
- amount_msat (msat, optional): the amount required to pay this
- bolt11 (string, optional): the BOLT11 string (always present unless
- bolt12 (string, optional): the BOLT12 string (always present unless
If status is "paid":
- pay_index (u64): Unique incrementing index for this payment
- amount_received_msat (msat): the amount actually received (could be
slightly greater than amount_msat, since clients may overpay)
- paid_at (u64): UNIX timestamp of when it was paid
- payment_preimage (hex): proof of payment (always 64 characters)
Possible errors are:
Rusty Russell <email@example.com> is mainly responsible.
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning
- 904. The timeout was reached without an invoice being paid.