mhtml - macros for formatting HTML
pic | tbl | eqn | htmlroff
] -mhtml file
This package of htmlroff
(1) macro definitions provides convenient macros
for formatting HTML. It is usually used along with troff
packages such as man
(7) and ms
macros defined in the other packages, so it should be listed after them on the
The following macros are defined:
- .HTML title
- Print an HTML header marking the output as HTML 4.01 loose transitional
encoded in UTF. If given, the title is printed inside
<title> tags. This macro opens the <html> tag,
opens and closes the <head> section, and opens
<body> . It invokes the .HEAD macro inside the
<head> section. To add arbitrary lines to the header, append
to .HEAD before invoking .HTML.
- .FS, .FE
- Accumulate footnotes and print them at the end of the document under a
Notes heading. These replace the macros in ms(7). To emit
the notes accumulated so far, invoke .NOTES.
- .PS, .PE
- Replace input bracketed .PS and .PE with a PNG image
corresponding to the output of running troff(1) on the input.
- .TS, .TE
- Identical to .PS and .PE.
- .B1 margin width, .B2
- Format the input between .B1 and .B2 inside a box, with
margin (default 10) pixels between the box and the text. The box is
set to be width (default 60) percent of the current output