ncid_modules - NCID client output modules overview
NCID output modules are used to extend the functionality of the client. They are
mostly simple shell scripts.
Module names are of the format: ncid-<name>.
Modules are normally called by the client using the command
ncid --no-gui --module ncid-<name>
The client can only call one module at a time, but multiple
clients can each have a different output module.
Each module may have a configuration file called
The ncid-<name>.conf> file understands three line
- blank line:
- comment line:
- begins with a '#' and is ignored
- shell variable:
- set to a value, for example: foo=bar
The current modules distributed with NCID are:
- Module sends NCID call or message desktop notifications.
Its configuration file: ncid-alert.conf
- Module reinitializes the modem when RING is received as the number. Does
not have a configuration file.
- Module should only be used if modem stops sending CID to ncidd but
continues to send RING.
- Module popups Caller ID using KDE. Its configuration file:
- Module stores NCID data in a MySQL or MariaDB Database. Its configuration
- Module displays Caller ID on MythTV. Its configuration file:
- Module displays Caller ID on a iOS device. Its configuration file:
- Register at https://www.prowlapp.com/ for iOS key
- Module sends Caller ID to a cell phone or pager. Its configuration file:
- sendmail.cf must hide user root when masquerading is used and root is
sending the email
- Module sends Caller ID to samba to get a popup. Its configuration file:
- Module just echos the input. Modify it and its configuration file to write
new modules. Its configuration file: ncid-skel.conf
- Module sends Caller ID to a text-to-speech program. Its configuration
- Module wakes up a X-Window system that is using Gnome. It is automatically
called when the ncid option is set. Does not have a configuration
- Module sends Caller ID to YAC clients. Its configuration file:
ncid.1, ncid.conf.5, ncid-initmodem.1, ncid-kpopup.1, ncid-mysql.1,
ncid-mysql-setup.8, ncid-mythtv.1, ncid-notify.1, ncid-page.1, ncid-samba.1,
ncid-skel.1, ncid-speak.1, ncid-wakeup.1, ncid-yac.1