Multicast connection mapper
attempts to display all multicast
routers that are reachable from the multicast router
. If not specified on the
command line, starting_router
be run as root.
IGMP message to
. A response contains the
multicast version number of starting_router
and the addresses of all its neighboring multicast routers. If the multicast
version number is recent, then
requests additional information such as metrics, thresholds, and flags.
If a recursive search has been requested (see
repeats the above operation for
each new multicast router in the list of neighbors and continues the process
until no new multicast routers are reported.
The options are as follows:
- Sets the debug level to level. When the
debug level is greater than 0, additional debugging messages are printed
to stderr. Regardless of the debug level, an error condition will always
write an error message and will cause
map-mbone to terminate. Non-zero debug
Default is 0.
- Print packet warnings, plus level 0 messages.
- Print notifications of down networks, plus level 1 messages.
- Print notifications of all packet timeouts, plus level 2
- Causes a recursive (flooding) search. If no
starting_router is specified, a recursive
search is always performed.
- Sets graphing format to GraphEd format.
- Disables DNS lookup for the names of the multicast routers.
- Sets the neighbor query retry limit to
count. Default is 1.
- Sets the number of seconds to wait for a neighbor query reply before
retrying to seconds. Default is 2.