displays configuration info from a multicast
attempts to display the configuration
information from the specified multicast capable
uses the ASK_NEIGHBORS IGMP message to
query the specified multicast router. If the router responds, the version
number and a list of their neighboring multicast router addresses is part of
the response. If the responding router has a recent multicast version number,
requests additional information
such as metrics, thresholds, and flags from the multicast router. Once the
specified multicast router responds, the configuration is displayed to the
The options are as follows:
- Print a help message and exit.
- Use numerical address instead of a symbolic host name.
- sets the debug level. When the debug level is greater than the default
value of 0, additional debugging messages are printed. Regardless of the
debug level, an error condition will always write an error message and
mrinfo to terminate. Non-zero
debug levels have the following effects (printed to stderr):
- packet warnings.
- all level 1 messages plus notifications of down networks.
- all level 2 messages plus notifications of all packet timeouts.
- sets the neighbor query retry count limit. The default is to do 3
- sets the timeout in number of seconds to wait for a neighbor query reply.
The default timeout is 4 seconds.
# mrinfo mbone.phony.dom.net
127.148.176.10 (mbone.phony.dom.net) [version 3.3]:
127.148.176.10 -> 0.0.0.0 (?) [1/1/querier]
127.148.176.10 -> 127.0.8.4 (mbone2.phony.dom.net) [1/45/tunnel]
127.148.176.10 -> 18.104.22.168 (momoney.com) [1/32/tunnel/down]
127.148.176.10 -> 22.214.171.124 (mbone.dipu.edu) [1/32/tunnel]
For each neighbor of the queried multicast router, the IP of the queried router
is displayed, followed by the IP and name of the neighbor. In square brackets
the metric (cost of connection) and threshold (multicast ttl) is displayed. If
the queried multicast router has a newer version number, the type (tunnel,
srcrt) and status (disabled, down) of the connection is displayed.