munin-limits - A program to check for any off-limit values
- --service <service>
- Limit services to those of <service>. Multiple --service options may
be supplied. [unset]
- --host <host>
- Limit hosts to those of <host<gt>. Multiple --host options may be
- --contact <contact>
- Limit contacts to those of <contact<gt>. Multiple --contact
options may be supplied. [unset]
- --config <file>
- Use <file> as configuration file.
- --always-send <severity list>
- Force sending of messages even if you normally wouldn't.
The <severity list> can be a whitespace or comma separated list of the
values "ok", "warning", "critical" or
This option may be specified several times, to add more values.
Use of "--always-send" overrides the "always_send" value
in munin.conf for configured contacts. See also --force.
- Alias for "--always-send ok,warning,critical,unknown"
- Force running as root (stupid and unnecessary). [--noforce-root]
- View help message.
- If set, view debug messages. [--nodebug]
Munin-limits is a part of the package Munin, which is used in combination with
Munin's node. Munin is a group of programs to gather data from Munin's nodes,
graph them, create html-pages, and optionally warn Nagios about any off-limit
Munin-limits checks if any values are above or below the set limits, and saves
these notes to a file. This file is later used by programs like munin-nagios
(to warn nagios) and munin-html (to incorporate them in the web display).
If a service has fields with "warning" or "critical"-options
(e.g. "load.warning 10"), and the munin-server configuration file
contains the necessary configuration options, munin-limits will check its
This is munin-limits version 2.0.44
Knut Haugen, Audun Ytterdal and Jimmy Olsen.
munin-limits does, as of now, not check the syntax of the configuration file.
Please report other bugs in the bug tracker at
Copyright (C) 2002-2006 Knut Haugen, Audun Ytterdal, and Jimmy Olsen / Linpro
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This program is released under the GNU General Public License
For information on configuration options, please refer to the man page for