ocpasswd - OpenConnect server password utility
ocpasswd [--option-name[=value]] [´username´]
This program is openconnect password (ocpasswd) utility. It allows the
generation and handling of a ´plain´ password file used by
The password format of ocpasswd is as follows.
- -c, --passwd=FILE:
- Specify the password file to use. Only useful when not using the default
- -g, --group:
- Specify the user´s group name. Note that groups of one character
such as ´*´ and ´x´, are ignored.
- -d, --delete:
- Deletes the specified user from the password file.
- -l, --lock:
- Prevents the specified user from logging in by locking its password.
- -u, --unlock:
- Re-enables login for the specified user by unlocking its password.
- -h, --help:
- Display usage information and exit.
- -v, --version:
- Output version of program and exit.
The crypt(3) encoding is used for the encoded-password.
$ ocpasswd -c ocpasswd my_username
$ ocpasswd -c ocpasswd -l my_username
$ ocpasswd -c ocpasswd -u my_username
Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos and others, all rights reserved.
This program is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
Written by Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos. Many people have contributed to it.
- Successful program execution.
- The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid.