qADSL - Auto-login & keep-alive for Internet connections.
[-h] [-c conffile] [-p pidfile] [-loPsdvV]
Frustrated about having to "log in" to your paid Internet connection?
is a small utility that automates the login process to Telia,
COMHEM, Tiscali and other Internet Service Providers, ISPs. It features a
keep-alive daemon that periodically connects to your ISP ensuring that your
connection to the Internet are not logged out all of a sudden.
qadsl works for any type of connection where your ISP has put a login server in
options are available in traditional POSIX one letter options
prefixed with a single '-' or the new popular --long-options style.
- -h, --help
- Displays a summary of the command line options.
- -c, --conf-file=file
- Use settings from file insted of default
/usr/local/etc/qadsl.conf or $HOME/.qadslrc
- -p, --pid-file=file
- Use file as pid/lock file instead of default
- -P, --port=PORT
- Use PORT to connect to on LOGIN_SERVER.
- -l, --login
- Login to the given LOGIN_SERVER.
- -o, --logout
- Try to logout, close the Internet connection.
- -s, --status
- Display status of qadsl daemon.
- -V, --version
- Displays version informaiton.
- -v, --verbose
- Verbose, print more information at runtime.
- -d, --debug
- Debug, print even more information, huge amounts.
First setup your qadsl.conf file with the information you have received from
your ISP. It should be at least the name (or IP) of their login server, your
login ID and and password.
Different providers have setup their login servers differently. See the sample
qadsl.conf file included in this package for help on setting up qadsl for your
If you have problems connecting the flags --verbose and --debug are really
useful tools that let you see all the interactions between qadsl and the login
server. However, please note that when the login daemon has started you will
not see anything more on your screen. Instead you have to consult the system
logfiles. On a Debian system the file /var/log/daemon.log is where qadsl logs
- Usually the location of a system wide qadsl configuration file.
- User configuration file, takes precedent over any global file.
The qadsl.conf (5) man page describes the componentes of the configuration file.
Telia AB ADSL service, COMHEM Cable internet service, Tiscali Internet (ADSL or
broadband), or similiar service based on Orbyte Wireless System.
Jakob "kuba" Stasilowicz
- Thanks to these people for making qadsl possible:
Peter Stromberg - code
Kenth Garlov - code
Martin Samuelsson - Initial Debian package
Nicklas Larsson - First manpage.