retrieve a list of named extended attribute from a
, int attrnamespace
struct uio *uio
struct ucred *cred
struct thread *td
This vnode call may be used to retrieve a list of named extended attributes from
a specified namespace on a file or directory.
Its arguments are:
- The vnode of the file or directory.
- Integer constant indicating which extended attribute namespace the
attribute name is present in.
- The location of the data to be read. The resulting data will be a list of
attribute names. Each list entry consists of a single byte containing the
length of the attribute name, followed by the attribute name. The
attribute name is not terminated by ASCII
- If not
NULL, on return it will contain
the number of bytes required to read the list. In most cases
uio will be
size is not, and vice versa.
- The user credentials to use in authorizing the request.
- The thread requesting the extended attribute.
pointer may be
to indicate that access control checks
are not to be performed, if possible. This
setting might be used to allow the
kernel to authorize extended attribute retrieval that the active process might
not be permitted to do.
Extended attribute semantics may vary by file system implementing the call. More
information on extended attributes may be found in
The vnode will be locked on entry and should remain locked on return.
On success, zero will be returned, and the uio
structure will be updated to reflect the list read. Otherwise, an appropriate
error code is returned.
- The caller does not have the appropriate privilege.
- The request was not valid in this file system for the specified vnode and
- Sufficient memory is not available to fulfill the request.
- The uio structure refers to an invalid
- The namespace or
uio argument is invalid.
- The file system does not support