translate a vnode to its component name
This translates a vnode into its component name, and writes that name to the
head of the buffer specified by buf
- The vnode to translate.
- The vnode of the parent directory of
- The caller credentials.
- The buffer into which to prepend the component name.
- The remaining size of the buffer.
The default implementation of
scans through vp
's parent directory looking
for a dirent with a matching file number. If
is not a directory, then
The vnode should be locked on entry and will still be locked on exit. The parent
directory vnode will be unlocked on a successful exit. However, it will have
its use count incremented.
Zero is returned on success, otherwise an error code is returned.
- The buffer was not large enough to hold the vnode's component name.
- The vnode was not found on the file system.
This interface is a work in progress.
This manual page was written by Joe Marcus