See the file man.macros.
tixScrolledText - Create and manipulate Tix ScrolledText widgets
-anchor -background -cursor -relief -borderWidth
Specifies the desired
height for the window, in pixels. [-scrollbar
Specifies the display policy of the scrollbars. The
following values are recognized:
- auto ?+x? ?-x? ?+y? ?-y?
- When -scrollbar is set to "auto", the scrollbars
are shown only when needed. Additional modifiers can be used to force a
scrollbar to be shown or hidden. For example, " auto -y"
means the horizontal scrollbar should be shown when needed but the
vertical scrollbar should always be hidden; " auto +x"
means the vertical scrollbar should be shown when needed but the
horizontal scrollbar should always be shown, and so on.
- Both scrollbars are shown
- The scrollbars are never shown.
- Only the horizontal scrollbar is shown;
- Only the vertical scrollbar is shown.
Specifies the desired width
for the window, in pixels.
- The horizontal scrollbar subwidget.
- The Text subwidget inside the ScrolledText widget.
- The vertical scrollbar subwidget.
command creates a new window (given by the
argument) and makes it into a ScrolledText widget. Additional
options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the
option database to configure aspects of the ScrolledText widget such as its
cursor and relief.
command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the
same as the path name of the ScrolledText widget's window. This command may be
used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general
?arg arg ...
is the name of the command, which is the same as the
ScrolledText widget's path name. Option
and the arg
the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by
option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no
option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available
options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information
on the format of this list). If option is specified with no
value, then the command returns a list describing the one named
option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the
value returned if no option is specified). If one or more
option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the
given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the
command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values
accepted by the tixScrolledText command.
- pathName subwidget name ?args?
- When no additional arguments are given, returns the pathname of the
subwidget of the specified name.
When no additional arguments are given, the widget command of the specified
subwidget will be called with these parameters.